Limited Supply Charges
What is a limited service?
A limited service applies to customers that:
- Are connected to a water main that periodically does not contain water under positive pressure.
- Have a connection designed to provide low or intermittent flow, such as where the customer has been required to install, operate and maintain an individual tank or pump.
- Or are connected to a non-reticulation water main that is subject to significant pressure variations due to either a pumped supply where the low pressure is below 50kPa and the high pressure is above 500 kP or an inlet supply to a trunk reservoir such that when the reservoir inlet valve is open the pressure is below 50 kPa.
- Receive a supply the regulated entity determines to be inadequate.
- Do not have water that is fully treated.
Some customers may have combined limited water quality and limited water supply.
What are limited service customer categories?
Customers receiving less than a full service are classed as either:
- Limited water quality customers;
- Limited water supply customers; or
- Combined limited water quality and supply customers.
How are limited service customers charged?
Customers who have a limited service connection be charged as follows:
- Limited water quality - full fixed water target tariff; and 20% reduction in the variable water charge target tariff.
- Limited water supply - 10% reduction in the fixed water target tariff; and full variable water charge target tariff.
- Combined limited water quality and supply - 10% reduction in the fixed water target tariff; and 20% reduction in the variable water charge target tariff.
Variable Water Charges (Nominal Dollars)
Please note that non-potable water represents the "Limited Water Quality" target tariff.
Limited Water Supply Customers (Nominal Dollars)